We've gathered a number of information items for your attention:
- Plenty of press coverage relating to the recent adoption (19th September) by the Parliament's LIBE committee of its position on the proposals to amend the Dublin II Regulation. The European Asylum Support Office is given a coordinating role in these proposals, particularly in relation to the early-warning mechanism. Amongst many, the items is covered in the Parliament's own press release, and by EU Observer;
- On solidarity in the field of asylum, a Parliament press statement 'Asylum Policy: MEPs call for fair shares and solidarity', with a specific heading calling for a "stronger role for the EASO";
- Together with other intergovernmental agencies and 9 members of civil society, EASO will be a member of Frontex's Consultative Forum;
- Further mention of EASO in the context of Greece;
- Closer ties between the European Migration Network (EMN) and EASO are expected in the Network's coming years;
- A blog post referring to EASO, entitled "Some Thoughts about the Yearly Report of the European Commission on Immigration and Asylum", on the blog of the Migration Policy Centre, Debate Migration.